The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

RESPECT IS DUE TO ALL

I will knock before entering a closed door. I will respect my Elders. I will hold the door for the person behind me. I  will stand up for justice for all. I will say hello when I enter a room. I will say please and thank you. I will stand up for seniors/expecting mothers. I will say yes sir/Ma'am and no Sir/Ma'am.

Because that's the way, I was raised with respect. "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, also do to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." Father, we know that respect and honor are essential to You because it says so in the Word. Paul reminds us that all authority comes from You, so when we respect people in authority, it is a way of showing respect to You, Lord. 

Lord, You tell us to "Honor our father and mother" So we can live along in life." Fathers, help us not provoke our children to anger but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Lord, baptize us in the Spirit of kindness and compassion to help us love and forgive each other just as You have forgiven us. Father, let the Holy Spirit teach us how to love our enemies, as we do good for others expecting nothing in return. Lord, You are a giver of good things. Help us imitate Your kindness and compassion to others. In Jesus' name, Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment