The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Monday, April 17, 2017

NEW COVENANT

Jeremiah 31:31-34 The time is coming," declared the LORD; "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.  Not like the covenant which I made with their ancestors in the day, I took them by the hand to bring them out of Egypt.  My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declared the LORD. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," said the LORD, "I will put My law in their minds and their hearts I will write it, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Jesus died over 2000 years ago to save us from sin; to bring His Father New Covenant to pass; He paid the price with His life.  He came to earth not as the King He was, but as a servant, to show us how to live.  Jesus knew that our sinful nature would not allow us to keep the Old Covenant.  Although we witness His powers first hand, we continue to break our promise we made to God.  So, God decided to make a New Covenant with His people; a Covenant of grace and forgiveness, not engraved in stone, but our hearts through the death of His Son.

Father, we are Your unworthy servants; who to this day, still disobey Your will.  Lord, thank You, for the law of the Spirit that has set us free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For He has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. Thank You for sending Your only Son in the likeness of sinful flesh so the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.   Lord, we receive You as our Savior, please write Your New Covenant of grace on our hearts; through our study of Your Word, so we will be Your people.  Father, You have delivered us from Satan; through our faith in You, thank You for being our shield.  Lord, hear our righteous plea and give ears to our prayers, deliver us from our fleshly desires of this lost world. In Jesus name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment