The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Thursday, June 1, 2017

WE ARE FORGIVEN

Psalm 32:1 Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. 2 Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit. 3 When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. 4 For day and night, your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. 5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

We are forgiven, so we are free from our sins, but being free does not give us the freedom to continue sinning; being free means, we can enter into the presence of God unobstructed.  Once we are forgiven we are made clean, but we must study, pray, worship, and praise daily; to discipline our fleshly appetites.  The Holy Spirit gives us self-control over our sinful nature, but we must choose to obey, and obedience comes easy when we know and fear the Lord. But, when we stumble and fall, acknowledge our sins; repent and turn away, and pray for forgiveness and we will be restored to Him.

Father, thank You for mercy in spite of our shortcomings and errors.  Lord, give us ears so we will hear the Truth of the Word, that gives correction and conviction of our sins.  Father, develop our Fruit of self-control so we can have power over our sinful nature; help us turn away from the lustful desire of this dark world and keep us on the path of righteousness.  Father, help us sacrifice any sins that separate us from You, so right now we acknowledge our sins, and we ask for Your strength to turn away from them.  Lord, we all fall short of Your glory, but thank You for forgiveness and a way out; so we may be restored to You.  Lord, our self-denial becomes easy, when we fear Your wrath, so strengthen our faith and help us with our unbeliefs; and help us become the people You created us to be, in Jesus name Amen
Artwork by Ron Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment