The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

IT'S NOT MONEY IT'S OUR DESIRES

If money could talk, it would probably say something like this: Why are you telling people I am the root of all evil, I am not the one that murdered that man.  I am not the one that sold my body to a stranger.  I am not the one that crossed my family and friends.  I am not the one that stole from people that trusted me.  I am not the one that took that child innocence by selling them into sex slavery.  I am not the one that turns to sin instead of following righteousness.  I am not the Politician or community leader that take from the people and city I represent.  I am not the one that will date a married man or woman that God joined together for provisions.  I am not the one that gave that child drugs instead of direction.  I am not the one that snatched that old lady’s purse and caused her to have a heart attack.  I am not the one that lied on my co-worker to get the promotion.  I am not the one who looks down on others because of my material possessions.  I am not the one that loves a material object so much that I would do anything to anyone to have it.  So I ask who’s the root to all evil, your worldly desires are the root of all evil, not money.

Ecclesiastes 5:10 Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless

Father, help us keep our lives free from the love of money and be content with what we have, because You said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.  So, we have all we need and do not have to chase after money.    Lord, we understand that it takes money to live comfortably, but comfort and greed are two different things; especially to those who live for the world.  Father, we also know that dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow; so teach us how to be stewards with Your money so it will multiply.   Lord, no one can serve two masters. Either we will hate You and love money or we will be devoted to You and follow Your will and build our treasures in heaven.  Lord, redirect our thoughts and fill us with the things of the Spirit so we will not love money, but use it for the uplifting of others and the building of Your Kingdom, in Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment