The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

HE MUST ABIDE IN US FOR US TO DEVELOP FRUIT

It is not until we die to self and be broken of pride and self-sufficiency that we become fruitful and useful to the Lord.   Our brokenness is one of the means God uses to help us mature.  If we refuse to be reformed or cling to whatever God wants us to release, then God will not use us for His Kingdom.  Our problem with submissiveness is our shortsighted fleshly desires.  It's hard to let things go that we enjoy, even though we know it's not good for us and it stunts our spiritual growth.  We will hang on to what is the least resistance and hope God will bless and forgive us anyway. 

John 15:1-27 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. ...

Father, let us not be unplanted seeds, that will never produce fruit; Lord, just like You we must die to ourselves to bring glory to You.  Lord, if our ambitions are to remain comfortable in the flesh, we will remain unproductive.  Lord, let us not be distracted by short-term happiness, that is not the path to Spiritual growth that You have prepared for us.  Father, help us receive Your Word that transforms us into the men and women You created; help us be fruitful so the grip that sin has over us will be released, in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment