The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

CHRIST-LIKE CHARACTER

"Matthew 25:35-40 tells us why we should help the least of us “for I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat.  I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in, naked, and you clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and you came to unto me.  Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You and hungry, feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink. When did we see You as a stranger, and took You in, or naked needing clothes, and we clothe You?  When did we see You sick and in prison and came to visit You?”   
Then God will say, “ I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of my children, you did for Me.  Christmas, Easter, our lives are about Christ, and we show this by our action toward Him and His children.

Father,  help us develop Christ-like character; so we can become the children, Your Word raised us to be.  Lord, open our eyes so we can see and our ears so we can hear; and mature into the believers our great-great-grandparents were, so we can live in unity.  Father, help us develop kindness, gentleness, and understanding of others' needs; and what we can do as believers to help, make their lives more comfortable.  Father, help us not raise our children materialistic; but spiritually connected to Your Word.  Lord, teach those that say they love You; that You do not know them if they harbor hate in their hearts, so they will depart from You.  Father, we thank You for grace, forgiveness, wisdom, and knowledge; we ask that You strengthen our faith and help us with our unbeliefs. In Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment