The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Friday, August 4, 2017

LORD WE NEED YOUR STRENGTH TO FORGIVE

God want us to give our testimonies about His goodness when we give our testimonies to others; they will see God’s grace through us.  Giving our testimonies is good; especially when it's about forgiveness, grace, eternal life, and a union with Christ, which is available to everyone.  Here’s a testimony of forgiveness and grace that I had to deal with when I was doing some things out of God’s will.  I was harboring hate in my heart for people who had wronged me, and I refuse to forgive them.

 Then I read 2 Corinthian about how Paul was the most dangerous enemy of Christianity, but after his conversion, he became the most useful vessel. Through God’s forgiveness and grace Paul was changed from a weapon of destruction into weapons of construction because of grace and forgiveness, once Paul understood and received Christ; he ask for forgiveness and God showed him grace, the transforming grace that He offers us. So I thought if God can forgive Paul for all the persecution he gave to others, I should be able to forgive those who hurt me, so I prayed to God for strength to forgive, and mean it from my heart. Paul was the same person but forgiveness and grace reversed him, so I prayed to God and ask for the same forgiveness and grace, and He answered me; He said I will forgive you, now you give grace and forgiveness to all the people that have wronged you.  Once I talked to everyone I was angry with, I felt better, my days became easier and my life was more productive.  Because once I gave to others what God has given me, His blessings started to overflow; I am the same person, but with a different mindset; which changed my direction; and my life has increased under the new inspiration of forgiveness.

Father, Your, grace is not only more than we deserve, it is sufficient; especially in our weakness, because it reveals Your almighty underserved love for us.  Lord, Your, grace is clothed in forgiveness which is our strength in disguise.   Father, Your Word has encouraged us day after day toward reconciliation with You and others, because the time is near; so open our hearts and minds and let us receive You, and become the people You created.  Lord, fill us with Your peace and not enmity; but that inner heart of peace, that proclaim us to be vessels to this world.  Father, help us face our weakness and let us minister to others; and let not our weakness led to arrogant testimonies, but to a kind and gentle confessions.  Lord, help us arrive at righteousness, through our study, faith, and discipline;  and remove everything from us that separates us from You, and the knowledge of Your Word.  Father, instill in us Your life changing values, that changed Paul from destruction to construction; and teach us how to preach Your Word to this dying world, through our actions and testimonies.  Lord, we ask for forgiveness of our sins, and we need Your strength to forgive others.  Father, keep Your hedge of protection around our children and our children's children and order their steps in Your will.  Father, give our children self-control that will give them a voluntary separation from this world and a closeness to You, in Jesus name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment