The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Thursday, March 31, 2016

DEVELOP YOUR SPIRITUAL GIFTS

We are not responsible for the nature of our spiritual gifts, but we are responsible for how we use our spiritual gifts.   Our spiritual gifts are for building others and the kingdom of God; this is why we're called not to just discover our spiritual gifts but to develop our gifts. We use our gifts by getting involved in people's lives and needs. Our spiritual gifts are designed so that the presence, the power, and the love of Christ that resides in us shows through the Holy Spirit to enhance others. God wants us to be involved with His work for His people. He is so gracious that He freely distributes spiritual gifts to all who are saved by His Holy Spirit. 

1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12, and 1 Peter 4 detail what these gifts are and how they should be used. Every spiritual gift reflects God's nature within us. And because our spiritual gift reflects God's design and direction for our lives, we find great passion, joy, and satisfaction in expressing them. So here are some spiritual gifts: 1) Word of Wisdom 2) Word of Knowledge 3) Faith 4) Gifts of Healing 5) Working of Miracles 6) Prophecy 7) Discerning of Spirits 8) Divers (or different) kinds of Tongues 9) Interpretation of (different) Tongues.


Lord, help me identify my Spiritual gift to develop and use it to uplift Your Kingdom. Father, I know my Spiritual gift is to help others see You through me. Lord, I find joy and passion when teaching Your Word, so allow Your thoughts to be my thoughts and open my heart and mind so I  can hear You.  Father, I give You honor and praise for using me as Your vessel. Father, keep me humble and in Your will as You continue working in and through me to touch others. Father, give me the wisdom and knowledge of what I read so I do not mislead Your people through my understanding. In Jesus' name, I pray Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment