The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Friday, July 1, 2016

THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

My brother was killed protecting family members, and I carried the pain of guilt for eighteen years.  I kept thinking if I had not come to visit he would have been home.  I blamed myself and others for his death until I spoke to one of God’s Spiritual Soldiers; he reminded me that my brother made the ultimate sacrifice; he gave his life to save someone else. ( John 15:12-14 this is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  No Greater love has anyone than this that someone lay down his life for his friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command you)  My brother was truly Christ-like; he gave his life out of love for us.  So as I write this with tears in my eyes; I can now release the pain of guilt because Shawn Spirit is sitting at Christ right feet.  When we die to ourselves we make room for Christ to rule our lives; but when we give our lives so someone else can live, we show real Christ-like character” unconditional love.”  Thank You, Lord, for easing my heart, and breaking the chains of guilt; because I know my brother is with You.


Lord, we cannot live for You until we die to ourselves; when we crucify ourselves we begin to live at that moment, but the greatest sacrifice is to give our lives to save someone else.  Father, give us Your Spirit of love, the type of love that is unconditional and that bears all things.  Lord, we cry out to You, please help us endure our  day to day struggles; and lift us up when we fall.  Thank You for redemption from sin, death, and the wrath of God through Your sacrifice.  Thank You that You showed favor and woke us up this morning, and we pray for those that passed on, and the family and friends they left behind.  Lord, Your grace, and Word has conquered our sinful nature; and we acknowledge the price You paid to redeem us, in Your beautiful name we pray Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment