The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Friday, June 3, 2016

THE SHEPHERD KNOWS HIS SHEEP

John 10: 22-30 22 now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter.  23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”  25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me.  26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.   27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.  29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 My Father and I are one.”

Jesus knows His followers because His followers obey His commands; we can serve in the Church and pray all day, but if we are not living the Word as it is written, Jesus do not know us.  Jesus is the g
Good Shepherd and He laid His life down for us, so we can live for Him and not parish.  But, we must obey the Word of God, and when we fall (yes we all will fall from time to time) ask for forgiveness, repent and turn away from sin.  Repentance is what it takes for us to be restored to the Father; but when we repent and keep repeating the sin we repented for, God will turn us over to a reprobate mind.  If we continue rejecting God forgiveness, He will reject us than we are beyond the hope of salvation.  Romans 1:28 and even as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not to be done.


Lord, help us bear witness to You, through our obedience to Your Word.  Father, we understand that if we do not follow Your Word as it is written, we are not following You.  Lord, it is not our words that show loyalty and devotion to You; but our actions and our hearts are what You recognize.  Father, You said in Your Word that we cannot serve two masters, we either walk in God’s will, or we walk in our will.  Father, examine our hearts and minds and remove all that it not of You.  Lord, expose all false prophets and teachers, that are leading Your people astray.  Father, we know we will pay a hefty penalty for knowing Calvary and walking past it unchanged.  Lord, help us surrender all to You, as we humble ourselves and glorify Your name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment