The Broken Vessel

The Broken Vessel
BROKEN VESSEL

Saturday, February 20, 2016

TAME OUR TONGUES

James 1:19 Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters! Let every person be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. 20 For human anger does not accomplish God's righteousness. . . 26 If someone thinks he is religious yet does not bridle his tongue, and so deceives his heart, his religion is futile.

 We must learn how to bridle our tongue. Words can heal or destroy; this is why we must think and pray before speaking in anger. Once we put the words out there, we cannot take them back. Then, people will forgive you, but the relationship will never be the same. The tongue can speak life and death; "Proverbs 18:21 the tongue and bring life or death; those who love to talk will reap the consequences." The tongues can separate or unite; it can speak love or hate, as well as truth or lies, the power of the tongue.

Father, please help us tame our tongue and teach us to think before speaking. Lord, we ask for guidance through our conversations; let the words of our mouth be acceptable in Your sight. Father, when we feel like criticizing others, remind us to talk to You first, so You will speak through us to others. Holy Spirit helps us control what we say out of our mouths and let whatever we say benefit others, even in anger. Father, let the words we speak be encouraging and uplifting. Lord, we pray you will help us in this area in Jesus' name, Amen.




3 comments:

  1. Father guide my tongue in your son Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord please help me to bridle my tongue
    I know how harsh words make me feel..so please help me to do unto others as i would like them to do to me .please help me with my words.

    ReplyDelete